The GJLA recommends a 4 step screening process for your applicants.
Spending a few minutes and a few dollars up front can save trouble and thousands of dollars later.
Step 1 - Use a written application and a release form. What questions should you ask?
- What is their name? First, middle, last.
- Where are they living now?
- Where did they live in the past?
- What is their income?
- What is their social security number and date of birth?
- Did you look at their ID?
- Step 2 - Use the UJS site to check Pa. court records.
Step 3 - Get a credit report or other background report. If the applicant lived outside the
state of Pennsylvania for any length of time, order a nationwide criminal report as well.
- Step 4 - Verify the information in the application.
Carefully choosing the right tenant protects your current tenants, your property and the neighborhood.
Not a member of the GJLA? Not a problem. Just call or email us for details.